• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

repro radio

1969X9

Reaction score
I'm looking at a repro radio on eBay for $620 its am/fm/ipod. My factory radio is long gone and I'm considering going this route. For the same price or a little cheaper I can buy an original and hide something modern under the dash, anybody else here been in my predicament if so which way did you go and are you happy

Roadcuda

Reaction score
1969X9 said:
I'm looking at a repro radio on eBay for $620 its am/fm/ipod. My factory radio is long gone and I'm considering going this route. For the same price or a little cheaper I can buy an original and hide something modern under the dash, anybody else here been in my predicament if so which way did you go and are you happy

I bought one of those radios and so far I am very happy sit it. With the power it has I can now hear my music over the engine and road noise. I run a 6 disk cd player which the radio can handle with no problem. I bought mine at Carlisle last year and they tried to sell me new speakers that are supposed to handle the 45 watts per channel that the radio has. Well I said no and so far anyways, my old Panasonic 6x9 speakers, and small 4x4 dash speakers handle the power just fine with no distortion. I hope to send out the original radio from my '64 Barracuda for conversion this spring. So yeah, I think it's worth it. BTW, it has jacks for those other music devices out there. I'm not into that stuff so I can't say how they work.

Back