• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roadtrip Intro

Roadtrip

Reaction score
Roadtrip Intro - cont.....

Avid mopar fan having owned a few over the years, couple A bodies, a B, but the current ride is kind of special to me and has a good story attached to it and goes like this (Coles notes version):

In 1969 my uncle walked into the Plymouth dealer in Vancouver BC, flush with cash, and left there with the keys to his new 1969 Roadrunner Q5 post car equipped with a 4 spd, 383, and air grabber with the V21 Hood.

Some many years later I became the owner of the Runner, which had some bruises, and a small amount of cancer in the lower quarters and trunk. Flash forward to the mid nineties when I sold it, yes sold it. I was young, and didn't have the foresight to keep it for future. It had a worn out clutch, and everything was pretty ragged, with 69,800 original miles on it. I just didn't see myself ever having the money to restore it.

A few years past when I realized I shouldn't have sold it and wanted it back. I lost my copy of bill of sale so I completely forgot the contact info.........

Cont......(don't know why it cut this part out).......... of the guy I sold it and spent about the next 18 years or so cruising the alleys of where I thought he lived. I delivered the car when he bought it so I had a vague idea of where that was, but no luck.

Another year past and as a last attempt at of trying to reunite myself with the car I went to motor vehicle registries and told the guy my story, gave him the serial number of the car which I had remembered off by heart, and begged him to at least give me his name. Well, 30 seconds later he slipped a piece of paper across the counter with his name and number on it. Viola!!

A few minutes with Google and I was on the phone with him. Turns out he restored the car to a high number 2 almost 1 (I know that number one cars seldom exist so I was reluctant to say number one, but it's nice and I think you get the point) and just completed it in 2014. When I got to see it again for the first time a couple years ago I fell in love with it all over again in a whole new light.

The following year he popped by and took me for a ride and even let me drive it. Wow, what an experience, right down to the redline polyglas tires... Lol. It was something else.

Fast forward to the next spring when I was about to by a rotisserie dart, I decided to ask what if or if he would ever consider selling the runner. He said let me think on it, and a few days passed when I got the email saying it's mine if I wanted it. After getting over the sticker shock and haggling some, I know own the family Roadrunner once again!! So Happy, and get this, the car has only 700 miles more on the odometer of the restored cluster from when I sold it to him back in the 90's.

I'm new to hear so I will try to post some pics once I figure it out.

Thanks

Last edited:

69RNR

Reaction score
Welcome from Utah! I'm guessing there's more?.....

Roadtrip

Reaction score
All right, my first post has the continuation in it now. Don't know how half got lost before....

Danomt

Reaction score
Welcome from Montana :wave:
I really liked your story, Much better than the whining about the minimum characters xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkddddddddddddddd
I wish I could find some of my past cars........

Roadtrip

Reaction score
These are all I have on my tablet, which also makes the car look blue when it's not. I will take some better photos outside in the next two sunny day and post the, then. I also put torque thrust and radials since this.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Roadtrip

Reaction score
Welcome form Fl. Yea and it's blue.:wave:

Yah it's weird. This tablet is crap and the light in garage makes it much darker too. my android phone and real camera take much better pictures and show the real torquoise better. Oh well.

Back