• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RR horn

jays69bird

Reaction score
No I bought a repop for mine about 18 yrs. ago when my factory one stopped working,I can't ever get it to sound like the factory one which sounded just like the cartoon,even though I've played with the tuning screw.
I wonder how close these ones are.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
It might be worth a try, I would try to be a little crafty about it and stash it under the battery tray or something and keep an original non-working one in it's correct spot. 2-reasons: I love the look of the originals, and you don't need endless amounts of people telling you that you have the wrong horn in your car.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
you don't need endless amounts of people telling you that you have the wrong horn in your car.

Oh, THAT would never happen... :lmao:

:jester:

dbc105

Reaction score
LOL, that's the thing about having one that will never be a collector, I plan to use '69 decals in place of the '68. I think they look better and I did the same thing back in '74 on the first one I had.

DC

A12

Reaction score
jays69bird said:
No I bought a repop for mine about 18 yrs. ago when my factory one stopped working,I can't ever get it to sound like the factory one which sounded just like the cartoon,even though I've played with the tuning screw.
I wonder how close these ones are.

Is it okay if I tell a long story about my road runner horn?...........................................................................................not hearing any "no's" I guess that means it's okay :D . So back in 2000 I buy one of the last of the Sparton NOS '68 road runner horns and don't install it until around three years later and I have my son who is six at the time sit in the driver's seat and beep, beep the horn while I try to adjust the Sparton horn to go Meep, Meep. This goes on for an half hour or more, for which my son is having a great time but the wife is getting a little ticked at the constant beeeeep, beeeeep. I can't get it to sound correct (IMO) as a Meep, Meep just a high or higher pitched beeeeeep, so I give up and my son is upset and I'm frustrated :brickwall: . Well fast forward a few months at work and we get a new electric forklift to be used in the parts department and not the propane forklifts we use in the other areas. Anyone that uses a forklift has to have training and part of the training has the operator hitting the horn at isleways intersections and before backing up (even with the backup beeper) and it always seems that every driver hit the horn twice and sure enough the horn goes Meep, Meep which only frustrates me everytime I hear it. I tell the department manager that the horn on the electric forklift sounds more like a road runner horn than an original rr horn I paid over 100 bucks for and I'd bet the forklift horn was less than $50. I get on line and look up the electric forklift company and search for a replacement horn and sure enough $18.00 will get you a replacement :eek: . A few days later I grab a screwdriver and when no one is using the electric forklift (it was on the charger) I take off the cover where the horn is hidden and here's what I found :eek: :eek: :eek: :lmao: (btw: the forklift is Made in USA)

:beep: :beep: :beep: :beep: :beep: :beep: :beep: :beep: :beep: :beep: :beep: :beep: :lmao:

MikeR

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Get outta town! secrets that the horn industry don't want you to know. is that a 12v system on the forklift?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
They are on the small scooters and carts around all the plants too.

Next time I'm at the Raymond forklift plant, I'll ask what they are using these days.

dbc105

Reaction score
MikeR, this is great. what is the contact info? I do a Google on Parton and only get Dolly stuff. I can't tell what type forklift it is.

DC

wannarunner

Reaction score
I believe this is the place, they will be wondering why they are having a run on their horns, LOL........

According to the websites "parts" page You will need the full model and serial number. A12, if you can provide the info on the Fork truck you have pictured, we can provide it to the parts dept. and maybe get these horns, that is if they are compatable.........

http://www.raymond-forklifts.com

Big John

Reaction score
A couple of my guys are going to work at Raymond Friday. I'll have them check if they get a chance.

BTW, Raymond is owned by Toyota.

dbc105

Reaction score
Thanks, I didn't see the S. if we can get a part number we can contact the manufacturer and find a distributor to buy them from.

MCMopar, what can you tell me about your wheels? I am wanting to run 500's, 15 x 8 all around. maybe a 255 - 60. then I'll cut a couple of spacers to bring the rears out to just inside the fender to fill up the rear fender. gives the illusion of a wider tire while still being able to rotate your tires.

DC

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
sooooooo....how many do you want? :jester: we had Toyotas, they sounded close. we just got new Yales, and they're not close at all.

mcmopar

Reaction score
dbc105 said:
Thanks, I didn't see the S. if we can get a part number we can contact the manufacturer and find a distributor to buy them from.

MCMopar, what can you tell me about your wheels? I am wanting to run 500's, 15 x 8 all around. maybe a 255 - 60. then I'll cut a couple of spacers to bring the rears out to just inside the fender to fill up the rear fender. gives the illusion of a wider tire while still being able to rotate your tires.

DC

Up front I have 15x7's wearing 235-70R/15 tires and on the back are 15x8's with 275-60R/15 tires. Both sizes are 28" tall. With the 255-60R/15 tires I would not run a wheel spacer between the wheel and the rim. You should be ok with stock backspacing (4.5") on the wheels. The 255's will be wide enough to fill the wheelwells quite well enough.

Big John

Reaction score
dbc105 said:
any update on the horn?

DC

It didn't work out for for my guys to ask about the horn while they were there. Things were too busy for them.

I should be talking to my contact down there sometime soon.

Back