• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rubber and plastic body plugs.... which ones go where?

resq302

Reaction score
So I'm in the reassembly phase of my GTX restoration. Where did the rubber body plugs go vs. the plastic ones? Was there any special purpose for the rubber ones? My thought was they were in place where the exhaust or hotter temps were as the plastic ones would have melted due to the extreme temps.

Thanks,

Brian

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I wish I knew so I could help. I got all rubber in mine for a 69 runner. Have you gotten a book on your car. Think someone here should know they are help full. Russ. Have you goggled it maybe they have the lay out you need for the body plug's.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
What year is your GTX. I surfed the net to see if I could find something for you but no luck. What size are they and any special shape to them. Could be floor pan or trunk. My first guess. Might be under the package tray. The bumper plugs are plastic so I read. No not much help but was trying. Russ.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
You might call some one like AMD they have given me info and they do have video's of restoring some car's. Russ.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Wonder what happen to you a lot of guy's here can help. If not they know where to get answer's. Russ. :thumbsup2:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
supper man. .jpg I am the defender of the Blue. Up UP and away. :lol: Yep been here three years. And have enjoyed every minute of it. Jokes-Jab'
s- Likes and all. Good group of runner owner's. Rusty Russ. Oh Drop the Rusty part It is about all gone.

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yep we lost my good buddy SGT Lee. With his new job being Chief of police in Piney Wood's must keep him to busy to reply or work on the runner. Russ.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Russ they come and go but your still here:poke:
Yes even the law cant keep me away. I fought the law and the law won.:lol: or should I say the lawyer won. :kartman: Dag Nab It!!!!! this cutting into my beer fund and had to lay of My Beer assistant. %%$#@&&*^ She had some really nice assets :BangHead:

Back