• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Russ69Runner my 69 two post

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Ok Guy's here are some Pick's of my two post 69 runner. I will except all input and info that might help in the restore it is headed into the barn to day. Don't do like my wife and say you paid how much Ha. Ha. She will come out blue metal flake with a light dusting of heaver flake to make it pop but not to much. Well now this is the before pick's and hope in a year or so that I have the after. IMG_0102.jpgIMG_0101.jpgIMG_0103.jpgIMG_0104.jpgIMG_0105.jpgIMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice project. I'm kinda partial to RM21 cars with no A87 package - since that is how mine is also equipped. The lack of stainless on the posts and the bottom-feeder steering wheel provide the clues for this conclusion. If you truly intend to restore it then make sure that you order Belvedere door panels and seat covers - not Satellite - as that is how it would have been put together at the factory. And if it is a "restification", then order whatever the hell you want. Good luck and enjoy. :cheers:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey ACME A12 so you say this is an RM21. The steering wheel with out the chrome horn ring is the indication. I do not know what the car had for chrome on the out side it was painted and the paint over the old was yellow. Well thank you for the info. By the way the vin number did not tell me RM 21 or would it have. Well hope to get her back to up and driving.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hello 69hemibeep like that car. Hope to get mine in at least that good of shape. I read the story on the Hemming's thank you for the reading.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
the first four figures in the VIN....RM21 for coupe, RM23 hardtop, RM27 for convertible.Looks like a great project. As far as what you paid for it, as long as you are happy, that's good enough. My only criticism is don't paint it BLUE!!!!!:jester:
(long standing color war between the original members here...)

droptop

Reaction score
the first four figures in the VIN....RM21 for coupe, RM23 hardtop, RM27 for convertible.Looks like a great project. As far as what you paid for it, as long as you are happy, that's good enough. My only criticism is don't paint it BLUE!!!!!:jester:
(long standing color war between SOME OF the original members here...)

Fixed that for you Dave.....

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
you're just sour because being a fleet owner and have practically one of every color disqualifies you to participate.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
you're just sour because being a fleet owner and have practically one of every color disqualifies you to participate.

He should paint them all white... :basketcase:

(Bill called white a "Fleet Color" years ago in case you guys do not remember.)

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey Guy's I didn't mean to start a war. I just think blue is a good color but they say red and I gest that yellow is the other that brings the money. I relay don't know why I like blue because my eye's are green sometime and blue other time oh well just like blue. I do not have finder tag so I really don't know what the original color was just by the scratch in the red it was yellow. By the way when I checked the vin I start's RM21H9G they say these number's will tell me a about the car their are more number's. Looked on Mopar web page and found out some thing's. It look like they removed the finder tag during paint and never put it back. Some nuckel head must have been doing the work. I am the third owner of the car as far as I know. Well thank you for your interest. By the way B blue is what I like with some pearl in it and some heavy flake in the clear to make it pop. Hope to show it off in a year good luck huh. Well Beep beep brother's.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
you didn't start a war Russ. it's all ball busting fun.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
He should paint them all white... :basketcase:

(Bill called white a "Fleet Color" years ago in case you guys do not remember.)

Yep I did Ray and I still say that.

GM must buy the white paint they use in rail tankers. :lol:

Drive by any GM dealer and look at the cars on the lot better then 75% are white..... :yesnod:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Ok I was a super. over electrical crew for a bout 20 year's been in the service in Nam . I understand all in fun and that's what buddies are for just don't tell my wife Ha.

quikbird

Reaction score
Eventually all these blue and green factions will recognize yellow as the superior color!! :victorious:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's why I took the yellow off of mine and went neutral grey.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and you know what happens when you mix yellow and blue..you get green.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Apparently quikbird fell into a vat of Agent Yellow at some point... :basketcase:

Back