• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rusted wiper pivot's

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well here is what I found out. One part vinegar and three part's distilled water in a bucket or in my case quarter of a fifty gallon drum with. Tried to use JB blaster did not work even heated the with heat gun solid as a rock. Put them in my drum for about two week's they stated to move heated them and JB blaster again one move about quarter way other still froze heated them up put them back in drum. On the third week the froze one started to move put in the vice and taped it on the arm and it started to move heated it up again with heat gun and used nut blaster on it moved all the way around now was free and would go all the way around with finger did the same with the other one both move free now throw both in diesel bucket and let them soak to finish up the job. Save around two hundred that is what they wanted on E Bay for replacement one's. Also my friend had a brake cable off a golf cart put it in the fifty gallon drum and soaked it for two day it was frozen solid and pulled it out it moved used JB blaster to finish freeing it up and worked fine. Also can use this same mixture to convert rust on rusty metal use stainless steel wool spray mixture from spray bottle Rub area let stand for about three hour's then steel wool again or wire brush but must be stainless steel with distilled water dry and then prime for paint. Thought you guy's might could use this shop tip. If you have any Idea's like these let us know an old dog is never to old to learn a new trick. Your bird brother Russ.:beep:

mac

What ?
Reaction score
i use a product called Kroil. works well so far. especially for removing fan cage from motor shaft.

Back