• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Schematics question

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Hi just browsing through the reference section and found the 69 schematics manual. Just wondering if there'd be much much difference between 68 and 69, both in schematics and wire colours?

Just trying to hook a factory tach back up with a new MSD ignition system, and its all a bit messy back there. Looks like somebody bypassed the factory tach at some point, and installed another on the steering column. Want to see if the factory unit still works before I rip out the sun super tach.

Any help much appreciated.
Shark.

quikbird

Reaction score
It works but your problem is signal is different to tach on msd ignition. You need an adapter and msd has several for just this situation.

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Ive got an adaptor that came with the pack. Pretty sure its a relay that will convert the voltage to avoid a smoke show. Just trying to figure out which wires are coming out of where.

That wiring manual is gold!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The tach used a separate wireloose from the harness with its own grommet at the firewall. Look at Year One for the wire, I am adding one to a car I am working on. It does get its light from the harness

quikbird

Reaction score
there are some sellers out there with a laminated color coded schematic. those are definitely well worth the money. I've about worn mine out. :D

Back