1. Crazy Old Bird

Crazy Old Bird Member

Jan 26, 2018
    can anyone tell me what color blue the seat belts were on the 69 decor dark blue/light blue interior? Also would it have had the 3 point shoulder or the lap belt. It was a December 68 production car. There is a threaded hole in the roof just above the post so I'm thinking it was originally shoulder. When I bought the car it had been redone in white upholstery but had very dark blue lap seat belts. Much darker than the 2 tone blue decor interior that came originally.

Russ69Runner likes this.
  2. Russ69Runner

Russ69Runner Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Coat hanger was above the post on my car or that is what it looked like. Their is a bracket that bolts to the truss near A pillar and the visor hinge. I might be wrong but think that is rite. One of the other guy's will correct me if I am wrong.

3. Crazy Old Bird

Crazy Old Bird Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Coat hanger makes sense. So maybe I have just a lap belt as standard

4. Russ69Runner

Russ69Runner Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Yea they make a kit for track has to have three point belt. I don't know if you can find the holes near the wind shield trim and visor. I think if you type in the search box you might find a picture or two. I think they came with just the lap belt in 69. Look into classic they have seat belt's in color. You said the interior was light blue. I would think the belt would match it or close. But never know might have had just black or a dark blue. Give this awhile and see who else has an idea's.

Crazy Old Bird likes this.
  5. ACME A12

ACME A12 Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator Staff Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Shoulder harnesses became mandatory on January 1, 1968. Your '69 RR came with lap belts and a separate shoulder belt that stores up above the windows.

6. ACME A12

Nov 4, 2008
    Here's a pic with the shoulder belt clearly visible against the white headliner. untitled.png

7. 69hemibeep

69hemibeep Sponge Bob Square Wheels

Sep 10, 2008
    White shift handle and blue carpet? Hmmmmmm

8. ACME A12

Nov 4, 2008
    That car was featured in Hot Rod Magazine back in 2015. Satellite turned into a modernized A12 Clone. He built it the way he wanted it. I was just looking for something that showed the shoulder belt clearly and that pic came up.

9. Crazy Old Bird

Crazy Old Bird Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Thanks I do better with pictures than words