• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Setting The Choke

Ranger

Reaction score
Do you guys set (adjust) the choke to be open at operating temp or closed when cold and if cold, at what temp do you set it? I've always adjusted it to be closed when cold, but I notice that Edelbrock suggests otherwise.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Do what the manufacturer says. I use the service manual on stock stuff.

Ranger

Reaction score
Disregard.

After rereading the Edelbrock manual again, I've been adjusting the spring tension (length of time the choke stays closed) instead of the choke itself. :facepalm: Will revisit this adjustment in spring..............................and punch my dumbshit card.

Last edited:

Ranger

Reaction score
Well, you know what they say about the school of hard knocks. The test always comes before the lesson. Tuition can be high, but lessons learned are rarely ever forgotten.
Unfortunately, I've made a few bigger mistakes in my life.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Well, you know what they say about the school of hard knocks. The test always comes before the lesson. Tuition can be high, but lessons learned are rarely ever forgotten.
Unfortunately, I've made a few bigger mistakes in my life.

Can you remember what they were :lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
my choke has been wired open since I got my car.....

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dave, did you somehow expect anything else after posting that comment...??? :lol:

Back