• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sheet metal repalcement

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I thought when you bought new body parts that it was clean metal primed and ready to weld on. Guess I was wrong have had to sand off the coating they put on it. Because it has rust under the coating. Then treat the metal with rust proffer and then spray it with epoxy primer. No wonder it take so long to restore these car's. Glad it is taking this long to get thing's done because the rust really did not show it self rite away. I would have a hart attack if I got it painted and this stuff started doing this. Just a warning to you guys restoring a car. Now I know why the b body restore book said to sand off the coating. Russ. :cursin:

TOMRR

Reaction score
Your Right !!! But all that Hard Work Will Pay Off Russ !!!!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Extra work is not funny but that's never stopped me from taking a shot at someone :rofl:

quikbird

Reaction score
laughing at yourself and your problems is therapeutic. plus if you are going heap a little abuse on folks need to be able to take it also. as an aside I think rusty is going to stick,ah well could be worse

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yep. If you work in construction and have been in the service then you CAN TAKE A JOKE OR TWO. Or being ribbed. I don't get mad I just get even. :lol: :kartman: Now let's go have a :drinks: or two. Yea and I am not in the shop working because it is too darn hot here I don't have a climate controlled shop like my buddy down the street.

Back