• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shift hump install

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey guy's know some of you have done this before so asking. How much metal to cut out when installing the shift hump. Just one of the few things left to do to the floor. Thanks for all the info I have gotten during this build it has really helped. Not finished yet starting on rear quarters and trunk area along with package tray and filler panel. Russ. :beep:

Smokngun

Reaction score
Following. I'm not sure my body guy cut out enough of the floor pan to clear the shifter.

quikbird

Reaction score
place new piece on top of hump and mark outline on hump. cut about 1/2 to 3/4 of inch on inside of that line.

popslavaz

Reaction score
Will placing the new shift hump on top get you close enough for proper shifter clearance?I am going to convert my 71 bird this winter but I have the interior out now for floor dynomat. Be nice to cut it in now. POPS

quikbird

Reaction score
if on the metal, then yes. it will be in exactly the position it will occupy when installed. need carpet out of the way..
remember to seam seal it when installed to keep water out from gap

Back