• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what can go wrong with a speedometer

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
And can you get part's or have to send it off. Mine is a 120 meter. Also would like their to be a tach in the cluster. Have not called Tachman yet. Well info will be appreciated. Russ.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ive had a couple that the needle just bouces or goes dead and sent them to Red Line for repaires. There is some little piece on the needle that comes loose and the local repair shop says he can't fix them

RonLiv

Reaction score
You can get the in dash tach easy enough. Not cheap, but they are around. Saw one on eBay a couple days ago for $499! Keep looking you can probably find in for less I suppose. My in dash works fine until I put my turn signal on, the in bonces all the way over and back. It doesn't bother me though, so I just leave it be, it works.

TOMRR

Reaction score
MOPAR NOS 1968 1969 1970 b body SUPER BEE ROAD RUNNER SATELLITE TACHOMETER 2889151..... $599.00 OBRO also have wiring harness for it NOS also $for 249.99 OBRO ph23vo@juno.com

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So I could just strap a mini tach to the steering column like we did back in the day. Called the Tach man and he said he could not get parts for the 120 speedometer. Booked up for 3 months solid. Well going to dig out the drill and run it and see if it even work's. See that where the clock should be you can put a tach in their from classic industries. Had to replace a tach on my tractor when taking it a part the worm gear was gone and the drive gear was gone. But it spun round and round it was the mechanical type. I will get the electrical type for the runner. Thanks guy's for the valued info. Another place I called in RI. said about 2000 to do the hole cluster. Darn can't go their. So will attempt to clean it my self if the speed O is in good shape. :kartman: This is going to be a case of beer job for sure !!!!!

Back