• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speed O meter rolled back to 0

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So when you get the car finished and every thing is gone through like new. Is their a law that you can not dial the speedometer back to zero to start again. This would allow me to keep track of how many miles are on the car since the restore job. Also for oil chances and maintain a record of what I do machinal to the car in the year's to come. Any thought's on the idea.

dmartin

Reaction score
I kept mine the same and I’m going to just write down the mileage in order to change the oil

quikbird

Reaction score
if you put in a new speedo it would read zero, but nope not allowed to roll back the original one from the car.

droptop

Reaction score
In the state of Indiana, any vehicle over the age of 10 years old is exempt from mileage. Check your local laws for your state.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just to say did not want to ask the wife she work's for DMV. Less she know the better off I am. :kartman:Think their is a cold one in the frig.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Well here is what Miss DMV say's. The Miles on the speedometer is omitted. So if I 0 it out you loose the authenticity to the car. This is in Fla. So I guess she told me. Will keep it at what it is now and write it down for reference the day she roll's out. I heard that if the number's don't line up in a line that it has been rolled over. All of mine are in line.

Back