• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedo cable issue?

woodwiz

Reaction score
Seeings how the speedo cable connects to the tranny,i thought this is where i'd put my question...The current speedo on the 70RR is sitting at about 20mph it will not drop to 0mph when the engine is idling or off. It will however work on the way up. Simple solutions would be most appreciated.
thank you!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is probably in the cluster. Hate to say that but don't think the cable would have any thing to do with it.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Considering the age of everything it could mean that the speedo head needs some cleaning and some lite lube but I'm not sure what kind of lube. The same with the cable.

woodwiz

Reaction score
Drove today and at 40mph it was spot on,but got back and shut her down and it stopped at 20mph. Whereas this morning it was at 0mph so you may be right in it needing clean and lube.

woodwiz

Reaction score
would throwing in a new cable solve the problem or should i eliminate the head of the speedo cleaning? If it's the speedo it self it probably will still act up with new cable....Agreed?

Back