• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speedometer cable

Big Mo

Reaction score
I am really trying to buy made in USA. With that said I was looking for a new cable as my old one looks rough. I checked and the average price $45.00. As I said before I have a good friend in the parts dept. at my local Dodge dealer and I gave him the pt.# of the cable. He run a check and found one, called and ask if it says where it was made - they told him USA. Now it cost me $20.00 more but, is it made here or made in China and printed on bag USA as that is known to happen. From Big Mo.

Zizzinator

Reaction score
Passion performance also has good hardware (not the cheapest option though).

Gonna be the black sheep of the herd and say "not all made in USA stuff is all it's cracked up to be". I had a speedo cable from an OEM source snap right in the middle after a few miles. Sorry to say it but the 60's and 70's didn't have the best machining and tolerance practices in mind either. Especially not for cars that were never meant to last more than 7 years ish before people bought new ones.

just get the parts from a source who will respond with questions and is willing to accept returns if the piece turns out to be junk. no fly-by-night "warehouse" companies. Classic industries has surprisingly good quality parts, though not the best price wise since they buy up the competition and fix prices their way (yay monopolistic capitalism!).

Back