• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Standard sway bar bushing size 15/16?

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
Anyone know the standard sway bar bushing size when buying replacements?
I do no have a micrometer? i think thatsis what its called,
so i tried measuring with a reg tape measure. lol
came up with 13/16?

91DF14D3-C7E0-466E-96D2-ADAFC4027D24.jpeg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hope the 1970 design is better than the 69 they are a pain in the a$$ to put on the bar

Last edited:

Palmer Moe-par 68

Reaction score
Hope the 1970 design is better than the 69 they are a pain in the a$$ to put on the bar
How do you get them on? I tried to press them in, use pliers, hammers, nothing seems to work! And I even greased them generously. I READ THE INSTRUCTIONS for once and they showed that you just grease the bracket and bushing and then force it together with giant pliers.... No luck

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
How do you get them on? I tried to press them in, use pliers, hammers, nothing seems to work! And I even greased them generously. I READ THE INSTRUCTIONS for once and they showed that you just grease the bracket and bushing and then force it together with giant pliers.... No luck
Mine were split just went around 5 minutes

Palmer Moe-par 68

Reaction score
Why cut brackets? Are you having trouble getting it apart?
Have a pic?
I have it apart, I cut the bushing for that, but I cannot get the new bushing in now. I have heard of people cutting the bracket and the rewelding the bracket together around the new bushing instead of trying to force the bushing in.

Johnnyscarnuts

Johnnyscarnuts
Reaction score
I have it apart, I cut the bushing for that, but I cannot get the new bushing in now. I have heard of people cutting the bracket and the rewelding the bracket together around the new bushing instead of trying to force the bushing in.
I’d have to see it to help you

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
They will go in but it is tough. Mine were powder coated so no way was I going to cut and reweld. I did that on a guys car that didn't care you just have to cool it real fast before the bushing melts. I'm assuming the 68 is like the 69 kind of a rounded triangle bushing

Palmer Moe-par 68

Reaction score
They will go in but it is tough. Mine were powder coated so no way was I going to cut and reweld. I did that on a guys car that didn't care you just have to cool it real fast before the bushing melts. I'm assuming the 68 is like the 69 kind of a rounded triangle bushing
Yes they are similar if not the same. I am just painting the brackets and sway bar so I will try a few more times forcing it in, and then if no luck, cut and reweld carefully...

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Try some soapy water. Heavy on the soap. Ivory liquid. Or go to your local Lowes or home depot and look for wire pulling soap. The stuff is really slick. Like 69Hemi says welding might melt the bushing. Russ.

Back