• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steel Hood

TOMRR

Reaction score
Will my stock steel hood fit with the 6BBL set up34507497_1685379598194474_2930948423672659968_n.jpg

I have a bolt on Fiber Glass Hood but it is Crap !!

Thanks Tom C.

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
there used to be a guy on FBBO with a '69 GTX running a Six Barrel with a steel hood.

TOMRR

Reaction score
Now that I know the steel hood will work, I will be installing this weekend, I do not expect any issues, but if there are some left or right spacing issues how do you adjust this ? forward and up and down Hight
are easy. not sure about left or right

Thanks Tom C.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I did not see any spacer's behind the Hinge to the inner fender. Think where the hinge bolt's to the hood should be some adjustment. Left right back and front. Are you going to cut it and put the air grabber in. Or just leave it a sleeper.

TOMRR

Reaction score
Sleeper. The bolts that attach the hood to the Hinge can only move the hood forward or back. I meant space between fenders

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yea under stand that. Still seams that their should be a way to move it from side to side. Hate bending the hinge to make it line up. Have you put it on yet and what is the gap between the fender's. Maybe body shims can be used behind the hinge bracket to the inner fender if you don't need that much adjustment.

TOMRR

Reaction score
This AM. I measured two spots on hinges from fender to hinge on both sides and all are the same , So I thinking it should be pretty good

TOMRR

Reaction score
Well Steel hood install went very well, a little adjustment forward and up and down , Fender gap not perfect but not bad, will shim hinge on another day, off about 1/16+ on passenger side

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Oh heck TOMRR bet the factory had it that close. I would be happy with 16th. of an inch. Bet you can't notice it at 65 miles and hour going down the road. LOL. Let see some pic's when you get time. Russ.

Back