• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering issue...Maybe!

woodwiz

Reaction score
Not sure if the steering box could be the issue or not. Going down the road the steering just feels a little loose as in comparison to anything we have new today. Not expecting that kind of control on the 70RR. The steering box is painted silver so that makes me think it's not the original,it is a power steering system. Could the coupler have something to do with the kinda sloppy steering? Are their adjustments that can be made at the steering box?
Thanks,

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Is their a screw that lock's with a nut on the top of your unit. That is the only adjustment I know of. Your rebuilt the front end rite. Is the play in the steering wheel your talking about. I put a new steering box on mine but manual no play. May have to get yours rebuilt. The steering column is pretty solid. So don't think it could be that.

woodwiz

Reaction score
Hey Russ! Yeah the steering box has that exact adjustment screw and locknut. With the car running and wheels straight I can move the steering wheel a bit before I see the front wheels move. Might be me again being spoiled by modern steering,just not sure.

Back