• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

steering wheel center

Godsmulligan

Reaction score
First thing first. I've searched the internet and the forum and I cant find where to get a replacement steering wheel plastic center. The 3 prong horn cover. That small plastic part that snaps like a twig when you try to remove it to work on the horn.

What is the technical name for this thing? Do they even sell aftermarket versions, or am I destined to scrounge ebay until a blue one pops up?

from my understanding it's a B-body 71-74 multiple model part.

any help would be appreciated. Ty

images.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Nope just have to look for one. Or die it the color you want. East wood has interior paints. I found mine here someone had the hole piece for sale. Haven't seen any on the bay in a while. Maybe Cragis list or some where else. Wish you luck like looking for a needle in a hay stack. :(

droptop

Reaction score
69 and 70 are different. 71-74 are interchangeable, but some are of color and some are woodgrain. What year car are you working on? I will try to find some pics when I get home and can look on my computer for you.

Godsmulligan

Reaction score
71 Roadrunner blue. They have one on ebay, but I'd have to buy the entire steering wheel. Even then if I did want to spend that much on it I'm not sure I could take the new one off without snapping it too.

Back