• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stone sheild

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Any one have pic's of it off the car. Mine has some bend's that don't look like they belong. The only thing I see is pic's of new ones but not good enough to see if what I have is rite. I don't think so but pic's would help. Russ.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Ok I will get some pic's and post it here. Here they are curved Left. Curve in middle. then a curve at the right. Don't believe they belong thinking that it should be straight all the way across. Thanks for the help. Got the body hammer out still. :BangHead:IMG_0101.JPG IMG_0102.JPG IMG_0103.JPG

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes I Agree with you. Like we both know things like this get bent. Either when working on it or if a fan belt brake's. Who knows. So will take a body hammer and straighten it tomorrow and paint the darn thing. Thanks one less thing to work on.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Russ those waves should come out. It gets painted black, I use flat just like the blackout treatment on the radiator support

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks 69hemibeep. Yea thought it did not look rite just could not get a good pic. to look at. One of the final pieces to paint. Russ. :thumbsup2:

Rich B

Reaction score
F9574714-6463-4759-9DD2-BB7F8D61D42D.jpeg NOT doubting on blackout for those but almost positive mine was the lt. green metallic, same as car. Wouldn’t hammer dips out just yet Russ, have seen way stranger things that never look like they belonged. Or too somebody may of tried to open hood without unlatching? MHO only.

Too, was there another piece that went over those? Crazy but my car these days has indented resonators but like that on purpose, no idea why. Excuse same photo again of these......

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
View attachment 29310 NOT doubting on blackout for those but almost positive mine was the lt. green metallic, same as car. Wouldn’t hammer dips out just yet Russ, have seen way stranger things that never look like they belonged. Or too somebody may of tried to open hood without unlatching? MHO only.

Too, was there another piece that went over those? Crazy but my car these days has indented resonators but like that on purpose, no idea why. Excuse same photo again of these......
The part has some obvious stampings in it that stay but this piece bolts to the bumper has nothing to do with the hood. The bumper got dinged bending the rock shield is all

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes I only took out what was not original to the piece. It is not that stout of a piece of metal and could be bent easy enough. Just did not want to take out something that was put into the metal on purpose. Thanks again. Russ. :thumbsup2:

Rich B

Reaction score
:wetting:Thanks on clarification, part is underneath not on top across, memory vague on some areas. When all else fails- read directions. Following along on Russ’ build, what comes to mind is a textured or crinkle finish? You would know best or just semi-gloss.

Way off, must of spent too much time underneath mine napping, back to wearing rose colored glasses I ‘spose. https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/rose-colored-glasses

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Rich this is something not seen unless your under the car or maybe looing down the front of the motor in the engine bay. I will paint it a semi gloss paint that is what I have on hand. Hot rod black used it on the inside of the car and interior door color. :thumbsup2:

Back