• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Subframe connectors

6R9Runner

Reaction score
If the body and frame are solid, are subframe connectors required for hemi cars? Will a post car handle more torque than a hardtop?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
6R9Runner said:
If the body and frame are solid, are subframe connectors required for hemi cars?
Depends on how much power is being transferred to the ground - no matter what the engine is. If you have 1,000 HP and are running street radials it isn't going to hook up anyway so it really doesn't matter. If you have 400 HP & drag radials or slicks you might want to consider them.

6R9Runner said:
Will a post car handle more torque than a hardtop?
Yes. Any number of guys on here will describe for you how their quarter panels have cracked at the top of the door jamb on their hardtops from that area being inherently weaker due to the absence of the post.

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
6R9Runner said:
If the body and frame are solid, are subframe connectors required for hemi cars?
Depends on how much power is being transferred to the ground - no matter what the engine is. If you have 1,000 HP and are running street radials it isn't going to hook up anyway so it really doesn't matter. If you have 400 HP & drag radials or slicks you might want to consider them.

6R9Runner said:
Will a post car handle more torque than a hardtop?
Yes. Any number of guys on here will describe for you how their quarter panels have cracked at the top of the door jamb on their hardtops from that area being inherently weaker due to the absence of the post.

I agree the quarter panel is better supported on a post. However, the post itself is a thin piece of sheet metal spot welded into place. Knowing that I dont think its worth any structural rigidity. :cents:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
I've got one of those cars that was raced.......a lot.........and I can post of pic of what the quarter panel will do if you like...... :yesnod:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
I've got one of those cars that was raced.......a lot.........and I can post of pic of what the quarter panel will do if you like...... :yesnod:
Well? :toetap: :toetap:

generaljmwlee

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
pics ? do you even have to ask? :toetap:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
WITH THE SUB FRAME CONNECTORS MY QUARTERS RIPPLED AROUND THE WHEEL WELLS.....DUH....THE REAR.....TORQUE CITY

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
WITH THE SUB FRAME CONNECTORS MY QUARTERS RIPPLED AROUND THE WHEEL WELLS.....DUH....THE REAR.....TORQUE CITY

George, by any chance did you mean to say "without" instead of "with"?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
George when did you ever abuse anything other than the Joke section :jester:

toms69rr

Reaction score
Bought me some 11ga 2 x 3 tubing today, going to make me a set and install sometime this month
let you know how it goes

6R9Runner

Reaction score
toms69rr said:
Bought me some 11ga 2 x 3 tubing today, going to make me a set and install sometime this month
let you know how it goes
Thanks- that should save some money, I'd like to see what you have in mind. :cheers:

Back