• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Summer special package?

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
Alright, I just drove by a local repair shop and had to nail the brakes. Outside was parked a '69 runner for sale. Now bear with me as I had no camera and this is all from my less than normal short term memory. 383, four speed post car. The car is said to be documented by Galen Govier and supposedly one of one due to the odd interior and paint combination. The car is limelight green, black vinyl top, white longitudinal stripes. Also has an air grabber hood with the flat black stripes. (much like Steve's car) Now the interior is what supposedly sets it off, it has white seats and door pads and the rest is tan. The top of the doors are painted an almost bronze color, to match the tan I guess. Is this that rare?
Then it mentions a summer special package. Anyone ever heard of this? It listed the options included, but none of them seemed like anything a normal RR couldn't be spec'd with. If it's out the next time I fuel up I'll take some photos as it is a very nice piece. Sorry for the tease. :lol:

gunnar

Reaction score
I saw this a week ago on ebay I think. It does seem odd/rare for the paint on the upper inside of the door to be different as it is. Nice unit!!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
You know he ruined a perfectly good sun visor. I was going to leave this alone but when they claimed original sheet metal, they could have at least put some sound deadener on the ORIGINAL quarter panel :toetap:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That F5 paint looks too dark to me, looks more like F8. So it may be a mis-matched repaint like my car. Either way, it's still a great lookin' car with an interesting interior color combination. And I don't think the price is all that bad.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Its priced to sell and he is probably right about the one of one interior, odd combo.

chapdog105

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
You know he ruined a perfectly good sun visor. I was going to leave this alone but when they claimed original sheet metal, they could have at least put some sound deadener on the ORIGINAL quarter panel :toetap:

I thought the exact thing when I saw the inside of that quarter panel.

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
I've known about the car for several months now but today is the first time I've seen it. I was introduced to the owner by the service station proprietor at a cruise one night, but he didn't have the car with him and wasn't too knowledgable about it. I asked him if it was a post car and he wasn't sure. :huh: I stopped asking questions after that. He knew exactly what the ad says on ebay, no more and apparently a lot less. The owner just flips cars. He's not a Mopar guy. However, the funny part was that we were standing next to my car and he proceeded to make comparisons. He then says if you think this car is nice you should see mine. (He didn't know it was my car we were standing next to.) So my innate smart ass reflex kicked in and I said to the dude, "so I guess mine's no good?" Kind of stopped him in his tracks after that. :lol:
By the way the price has dropped about 10K since May.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:

I thought the same thing :yesnod:

Like said above looks more like F8 same as mine to dark to be F5.

Also that cars been on the bag afew times.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
sixgunrunner68 said:
"so I guess mine's no good?"
Good for you, Marty! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I think we've seen this car before. I know I wouldn't want Galen writing on MY sun visor... :eek:

:jester:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
I know I wouldn't want Galen writing on MY sun visor...

I don't want anyone to sign mine. :stuckup:

moparchris

Reaction score
Its funny I think that about ANYBODY signing my car. I see its real popular to have King Richard signing Superbirds. I have a profound respect for Richard Petty but the first thing I would do is take some carb spray and a rag and wipe off the GRAFFITTI!!!! :soap:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
in 2006 I think, Ronnie Sox was going to be at the Chrysler Classic at Norwalk. I was going to take something from Freebird and have Ronnie sign it. His cancer had him pretty sick and he had to cancel. But GG, he ain't touching anything of mine.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Big John said:
[quote="ACME A12":1avqppi8]I know I wouldn't want Galen writing on MY sun visor...

or even sitting his fat butt in my car.[/quote:1avqppi8]

Could not have said it any better then you did Big John!!!

Back