• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Surprise gift for my Dad.....

resq302

Reaction score
So, being that Dad's birthday was just before Carlisle, I figured I would find something out at Carlisle for him to which he agreed. Well, figuring that I might not find anything that he needed out at Carlisle, I came up with a contingency plan before hand. I contacted Robert Kotan of JRK Illustrations, Inc about possibly making up a drawing of Dad's 69 GTX vert. Here are the progress pics for everyone to check out. I'm pretty sure Robert is done with it at this stage and am awaiting to see what it will cost to also have some shirts made up too as that is a service he also offers.

drawing1.jpg

drawing2.jpg

drawing3.jpg

drawing4.jpg

drawing5.jpg

Don99Pablo

Reaction score
That is absolutely gorgeous. I have a degree in graphic design, although life lead me on a totally different path and I now build tool kits for the military, I still have a great appreciation for illustration. I took several illustration classes in college and consider myself pretty good, but this is mind blowingly good! I think your dad will love it! Really neat and well thought out gift. Major props to you!

resq302

Reaction score
thanks. I'm also having t shirts made up with the same picture. From what Robert told me, the artwork is going to be even richer in color in person. I can't wait to get it.

Back