• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tail light connections and sockets

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
The 68 I'm working on came with the tail lights, but no sockets. Anyone know a supplier of these items? A photo of them might help me know what I'm looking for, and another question, the wiring harness has three conductors, a double plug and a single. Thought the single was for the outside marker lights, but they almost have to be for the backup lights. Maybe the tail light socket might make some sense of it if I see it?

:brickwall:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
should just be a regular metal socket like other years. Year One or the other suppliers should have them. Check at the parts stores too. When I worked at the IH dealer, we had the sockets and the inserts as well.

red 69 runner

Reaction score
Buy a new rear lights harness from (M&H),you have to get it thru Year One it wasnt that expensive but it is a perfect factory reproduction.

toms69rr

Reaction score
"Buy a new rear lights harness from (M&H),you have to get it thru Year One it wasnt that expensive but it is a perfect factory reproduction."

Thats what I did

Back