• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tedv Intro

tedv

Reaction score
Retired and own two Chevys … modified '56 210 2 dr sedan and '70 Chevelle coupe, both with sbc and 700R4 automatics. Have always liked Mopars and in the '70s built Chrysler BB wedge motors. Raced a '65 Belvedere from '73-'76 towed with my '69 Roadrunner. Both cars were cherry, but in '77 sold them both and could only get $3400 for them back in the day. Had a lot of cars over the years, but biggest regret I have is selling the '69 RR.

So I'm in the RR Forum watching for another '69 RM23 automatic with PS, buckets, console, trackpack/HD radiator package, 3.91:1 gears and lighting package. Preferrably in sunfire yellow with black vinyl top.

Screen Shot 2013-07-12 at 8.23.15 AM.jpg

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, You have a pic of the "56" handy, I like shoe boxes.

tedv

Reaction score
Thanks to all for the welcomes. Tried posting some photos, but I'm tech challenged. Next to the '56 is my brother's '70 RR. Almost looks period correct for a White Castle photo from back in the day.

tedv

Reaction score
Searching for VIN

So have any members seen a Sunfire Yellow '69 Roadrunner black vinyl hardtop with a For Sale sign on it? LOL Still trying to hunt down my old car. The last time I saw it was in 1980 in South Florida and in excellet shape. I've tried every search engine using the VIN (RM23H9A161145) and no luck. Hopefully I'm not chasing a 2X2 chrushed cube. Does anyone know of a search engine to use?

moparchris

Reaction score
Welcome! I looked for ten years for the family Road Runner that my dad sold in 1985. It was in really nice shape back then. So after 10 years of exhaustive research I found it. All I had to go on was the guys name and the license number. I actually had the guys name wrong but was able to turn him up after going to over 20 addresses from a list I got off the ZABA search site. I had a little help from a local police department where the officers were sympathetic to my goals. Here is a pic after 20 years of separation.

DSC03153_zpse57d069a.jpg
DSC03151_zps4bf6b652.jpg
DSC03148_zps87781668.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03153_zpse57d069a.jpg
    DSC03153_zpse57d069a.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC03151_zps4bf6b652.jpg
    DSC03151_zps4bf6b652.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC03148_zps87781668.jpg
    DSC03148_zps87781668.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 0

moparchris

Reaction score
He has been on the fence twice recently. I don't push though I just sit back and when he says lets do it I have cash ready and will pounce as soon as humanly possible. He will probably set the record for the most expensive used up Road Runner but its worth it to me.

tedv

Reaction score
That's fantastic you found the car, Chris … congratulations. After ten years, you gotta be chomping at the bit to get your hands on it. Hopefully he sells it to you sooner rather than later. The dash is in great shape and the body looks like it just needs prep and paint. I'm sure when you finally get your hands on it, you'll get that RR looking perfect again. One of these days I hope to find mine.

moparchris

Reaction score
That's fantastic you found the car, Chris … congratulations. After ten years, you gotta be chomping at the bit to get your hands on it. Hopefully he sells it to you sooner rather than later. The dash is in great shape and the body looks like it just needs prep and paint. I'm sure when you finally get your hands on it, you'll get that RR looking perfect again. One of these days I hope to find mine.

Thanks, good luck to you too. If you need any help let me know.

tedv

Reaction score
Thanks, good luck to you too. If you need any help let me know.

Well I had the VIN checked in Florida for my old '69 RR, but no luck. If it were still registered in state I would have gotten back a hit, but nothing. In Florida the only way to really trace a VIN is with the State's title number, and it's long gone. The last I'd heard about my old RR, which goes back about 20 years ago making it not much more than a usless piece of trivia, it was restored and repainted a metallic green. So it's either in another state, it's a race car, or it was made into a 2X2 cube and has become a Kia! If you have better resources for checking, I welcome any assistance … the VIN is RM23H9A161145.

Back