• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HEMI GETS ALITTLE SIDEWAYS

droptop

Reaction score
Our George sure knows how to do a burn out. :cheers: But that notch back was a close second. :yesnod:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
thats steves buddy....walter felix jr in that plumb crazy notchback cuda

i coulda done a little better if i stayed in it....thats why i went thru a set of rear mickey"s :lol: :lol:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
George is the MAN! There's no glory in lifting... :D :cheers:

Couple of sweet Dusters in there too...

Bunch of wasted footage on those new challenger land barges... :leave:

:jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I went by right before George, no burnout so the fade out to George. All I saw, and heard, was that red machine coming out of the smoke screen! :lmao: And that was after him telling me that he wasn't doing a burnout! :loco: Last year, by the time Walt was done he was facing back the way he came, yup, he was way out of shape and spun it out!!

6R9Runner

Reaction score
That was an awesome burnout, I like how the people move back from the curb when you go by- that's RESPECT! You left the biggest cloud of smoke and got the loudest cheers. :worship: :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
All Hail King George!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

6R9Runner

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
...Bunch of wasted footage on those new challenger land barges... :leave:

Awww c'mon, have you driven one? I test drove an '09 SRT8 6-spd last night. It sounds great, looks cool and handles city traffic like everyone else is standing still. They can come loaded to the hilt with options but there was no sunroof or NAV on that one. I'm still amazed the Chrysler let this car happen, much like the Viper. They had to build it on an existing platform hence the bulk that everyone complains about. My Charger R/T has served me very well for 4 years as a daily driver/ family sedan and if I can swing a trade then that '09 will be mine. :cents:

droptop

Reaction score
6R9Runner said:
ACME A12 said:
...Bunch of wasted footage on those new challenger land barges... :leave:

Awww c'mon, have you driven one? I test drove an '09 SRT8 6-spd last night. It sounds great, looks cool and handles city traffic like everyone else is standing still. They can come loaded to the hilt with options but there was no sunroof or NAV on that one. I'm still amazed the Chrysler let this car happen, much like the Viper. They had to build it on an existing platform hence the bulk that everyone complains about. My Charger R/T has served me very well for 4 years as a daily driver/ family sedan and if I can swing a trade then that '09 will be mine. :cents:

I'll second that. I've driven a 6 speed SRT8 as well, and was very impressed with it. Same platform as my Magnum, and I love it. Big enough to ride good but not to big to still be able to handle good. If they ever cut the roof off of it, there will be one in my garage for sure. :yesnod: Even if I have to add on to the barn. :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hey there my good ole buddy best friend with a red car, George. Are you bringing the beast to Carlisle to give me a ride :D

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:

never drove one and for the price i could build another hemi....they do haul ass.....Ray... your getting bitched slapped :D

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
ACME A12 said:

never drove one and for the price i could build another hemi....they do haul ass.....Ray... your getting bitched slapped :D

If so, I'm getting bitch-slapped by some people that haven't done their research and are taking misguided brand loyalty to new heights. Check the Moparty 2010 thread. I posted all of the important data points in that thread. The Challengers are obese by any sensible measuring stick, and the SRT8 gets its ASS KICKED by the base Mustang GT - not the the GT500 mind you - the friggin' base GT - in EVERY MEANINGFUL, MEASURABLE category except braking thanks to the giant Brembos the SRT8 is packing. Considering what it has for brakes, God, I would hope so.

The wife is tiring of her SRT4 and likes these two-ton-tessies also so I have my hands full keeping one out of the garage. If I get my way she'll get a new Boss 302 once the mania has subsided and the dealers quit selling them for over sticker, which is what will invariably happen once they're introduced later this spring. Chris shares my thoughts on these W210 E-class Mercedes (later the 190E) based behemoths too based on a recent post here after he drove one, and since his idea of a well-built car includes among other things a caged and tubbed, W-headed 340 Dart with twin hair dryers, I'm perfectly comfy with my opinion and the company I'm keeping.

Back