• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Throttle cable bracket

cj69RR

Reaction score
Installed my DP4B intake today. Now the issue I'm having, the stock bracket that mounts to the back of the intake and holds the throttle cable isn't fitting correctly. Mod the stock one or get an aftermarket one or different options?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
my car has an Edelbrock Torker on it when I bought it, one of the POs used the stock bracket. Can you show a pic of what your issue is?

cj69RR

Reaction score
Thanks, I figured it out. I added a 1 inch spacer with a longer bolt. I also had to trim the small tab on the stock bracket and bend it a little so the cable had a straight pull on the carb.

cj69RR

Reaction score
Took it out for a test drive this evening. Works and runs like a champ. Even took my daughter with me and let her get some stick shift action for her first time in an empty parking lot. She was so nervous but did very well.

Back