• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to buy

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
few months back I asked you about the swap from steering gear box to rack and pinion steering. Now I've made a decision and I'd like some last advices before buying it.
I decided to let the gearbox instead of a rack and pinion. The one that I'd like to buy is the flaming river steering gear box.
is that gear box more accurate and safer than the stock one? and do we need to change the pitman?
also does anyone runs with that flaming river gear box?

thanks

Last edited:

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
ok thanks for the adress, I went on the website and I know your going to say that I'm difficult but there's only box steering with power steering if I'm not mistaking. Cause actually I'd like to keep the original manual steering. Sadly for us cause they looked like to be some good mechanism.

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
ok nice! thanks zupanj, so lets go for some good old sensation! :p
And by the way, do you if the stock pitman can fit with the flaming rivers gear box, or do i need a new one?

Back