• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tire size and fit.

69runner

Reaction score
Hello fellow RoadRunner fanatics. I hope this is the right section to post this. My wife has given me a set of Coker 15-7 4.25 offset (front) and 15-8 4.5 offset (rear) OEM style steel wheels for my RoadRunner for our 50th wedding anniversary. If I could get some advice on tire sizes that will work with these wheels and bolt right on my Runner with no interference problems, I would very much appreciate it. I am thinking that I would like 235-60*15 up front and 275-60*15 in the rear if they would work. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

HD539

Reaction score
That should work. I put 15x7 p235/60/15 with 4" backspace on the front and 15x8 p275/60/15 with a 4.5" backspace on the rear. No issue at all.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So what do you use for a spare tire rim. Just in case you need to put it on back or front. That is the problem I had with one of my car's back in the day. Just asking. Good luck with the new rim's and tires 69 runner. It ought to make it go 10 miles and hour faster. Just like we use to say with the sicker we got with different parts and put them on the side window. Let's see some pic's when their on. :beep:

69runner

Reaction score
Thanks for the post Russ69Runner. For the spare I am going to try a more narrow tire of a similar diameter as the 275-60 on a stock rim to protect the sure grip. Hopefully, it will work on the front during turns too.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yep. I think the back spacing will work with the front rim size on the back with a narrow tire like the front. As long as the height is the same should not have an issue with the rear end. But it is just to get us home till be get the tire fixed. You know it is hard to find a service station that dose tire's now day's. The tire stores are not open late like the old service station's. As long as you do not drive all the time on miss matched tires on the rear should not have a problem with hurting the chunk. Well thank you for the info and good to chat with ya. Russ. :thumbsup2:

69runner

Reaction score
You’re absolutely correct, Russ. The spare would serve just to get her home or to the first place that could fix or replace the tire. Nice chatting with you too. :thumbsup:

Back