• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torsion Bars

4spd69RR

Reaction score
I have been thinking about raising the front of the runner using the torsion bars. Reasoning is, I have an eight quart oil pan that hangs down below the "K" frame. By turning the adjusters to lift, will I gain any more clearance for the oil pan or will it remain in the same location? Attach photo so you can see the clearance.

100_0362.jpg

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The whole front end comes up engine and all, you can look in the shop manual as to how high you can go and still align the front end

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Yep, I have done this before on my old runner. The only thing I was doubting was if I would raise it enough so the oil pan does hit speed bumps. As it sits I have about 3.5 inches of clearance. I definitely want to raise the front a little, I like the level look.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
just put some 22s on it, you'll have all kinds of clearence.......:basketcase:

you know that's not a bad looking car....for a white car. good thing it's a 4 speed post car :jester:

4spd69RR

Reaction score
just put some 22s on it, you'll have all kinds of clearence.......:basketcase:

you know that's not a bad looking car....for a white car. good thing it's a 4 speed post car :jester:

LMAO, 22's, mmmm, NOT gonna happen. I like a lot of rubber on my tires!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Another option is a skid plate on the K-Frame like a Hemi car has.

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Wow, that's up in the nose bleed section, I'll need a ladder. Just want to take it up a couple of inches. May get a skid plate.

mcmopar

Reaction score
QUOTE=zupanj;121174]Then you could get your car on overhaulin' where they ruin and ugly up a muscle car a week. A Chip Foose tribute.[/QUOTE]

Pardon me, I need to...:puke::puke::puke:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I'd paint my car B5 before I'd let Foose touch it.....:acme::acme::acme::acme::acme::acme::acme::acme::acme::acme::acme::acme::acme::acme::acme::jester::jester::jester:

moparchris

Reaction score
On my 70 Dart street car I had a deep Moroso pan. I hit it a few times, what a mess. I built a skid plate and welded it to the k frame like John said. I still hit the skid plate on driveways, speed bumps aren't a problem as long as you hit them straight and slow. So I raised the car a 1/2 inch and it made all the difference. I cranked the tension on the torsion bar. This does 2 things. First it simply raises the car making more clearance. Secondly, it raises the spring rate of the torsion bar because it is under more tension. Both together will greatly affect your ability to spill your motors guts out on the road.

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Well I have just raise her up, I now have a full 6" of clearance for the oil pan. Will add pictures later.

100_0408.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
First, that's a great looking car. Second, I'm puzzled by the 8 quart oil pan. Your car does not appear to be a drag racer? Those model Mopars were designed to be killer street machine with occasional appearance at the track. With that said, if you have a B or RB engine toss that 8 quart and get a stock Hemi pan, It has a capacity of 6 quart and you solve your pan clearance problem.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're replying to a thread that is three and a half years old. OP hasn't been on here for two or more...:facepalm:

Back