• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Traction Bars

TOMRR

Reaction score
Need a recommendation on getting a pair of Traction Bars for my 1969 RR. Major wheel hop with this new 440 !!!

Thanks Tom C.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Need a recommendation on getting a pair of Traction Bars for my 1969 RR. Major wheel hop with this new 440 !!!

Thanks Tom C.

Put an adjustable pinion snubber on the diff and get it up as close to the floor as possible without messing the ride up. Oh, Hemi springs would help if you do not have them. There are also clamps that go on the springs. all of these things affect the ride except the hemi springs

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Nice thing about the snubber is if your just going to cruise pull the pin and drop it down out of the way.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
They are most likely fine, just wondering if you had helper springs or air shocks.

TOMRR

Reaction score
They are most likely fine, just wondering if you had helper springs or air shocks.

Just Hemi Springs ( That Have been on for about 7 years now ) and stock shocks, But I did notice that it is easy to bounce the rear end by hand May be I need a shock that has a heavier pull on them or some thing like that !!

Thanks for the response Tom C.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Just Hemi Springs ( That Have been on for about 7 years now ) and stock shocks, But I did notice that it is easy to bounce the rear end by hand May be I need a shock that has a heavier pull on them or some thing like that !!

Thanks for the response Tom C.

If you can find a Rancho 9000 at the right length they are adjustable

TOMRR

Reaction score
If you can find a Rancho 9000 at the right length they are adjustable

That was my next option to try Better shocks, Now should all four be changed ?? Seems like that would be the right thing to do

I did not want to clamp the springs !!

TOMRR

Reaction score
I'd just change the rear shocks and clamp the springs

I will make my own Clamps a Mopar guy on another site gave me all the information to make my own and where to place them !!

I just do not want to damage the springs!!

Thanks for the Replies

Tom C.

stevo

Reaction score
I use super stock springs on my RR with a snubber, works great.
Caltracs also work if you are building a track car.
But the SS suspention really works when set up properly.
As far as shocks MP used to have longer ones, or the old "wiser" guys use truck shocks.
good luck!

TOMRR

Reaction score
As far as shocks MP used to have longer ones, or the old "wiser" guys use truck shocks.
good luck!

Thanks for the Reply !! Could you explain how Adjustable Snubber works ??

Thanks Tom C.

Coyote

Reaction score
good luck!
I use "heavy duty" springs I got from Mancini Racing. Great luck with KYB Gasadjust shocks. I've got 'em on my MOPAR and two other vehicles. They use a higher gas pressure/work great. Don't let them get way from you when installing. Then you'll have to use a jack to get them on! Not my favorite, but old school slapper bars from Lakewood, etc. will work too. No personal experience, but I've been told that SS springs with the extra leaf on pass. side can cause the car to not "sit" level.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
As the tires bite the diff wants to wrap up or twist upward also twisting the springs then it unloads and repeats over and over "wheel hop". Putting the snubber close to the floor stops this with the weight of the body pushing against the diff.

TOMRR

Reaction score
As the tires bite the diff wants to wrap up or twist upward also twisting the springs then it unloads and repeats over and over "wheel hop". Putting the snubber close to the floor stops this with the weight of the body pushing against the diff.

Thank You for the Reply, But it will not hurt the body any by putting extra pressure on it ???

Back