• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trans. liquid leaking from 727.

dutchrunner

Reaction score
Went to Sixpack speed shop yesterday due to heavy leaking of ATF from front of 727.

We removed tranny and installed new front pump seal.
This was the logical place to start looking.

But , when we were cleaning the converter we found small hairline crack in converter near the "nose" wich goes into the crankshaft. :facepalm:

Replaced the B&M(2800/3200) converter with a Coan converter(11" 2800/3200 stall).

Man did that do a major change in the "GO"section. :party:

This shows not all converters of same stall are the same

vso737

Reaction score
Went to Sixpack speed shop yesterday due to heavy leaking of ATF from front of 727.

We removed tranny and installed new front pump seal.
This was the logical place to start looking.

But , when we were cleaning the converter we found small hairline crack in converter near the "nose" wich goes into the crankshaft. :facepalm:

Replaced the B&M(2800/3200) converter with a Coan converter(11" 2800/3200 stall).

Man did that do a major change in the "GO"section. :party:

This shows not all converters of same stall are the same

Hi,

Confirming your ATF leak was constant while the motor was running??

My first convertor leaked when the motor was running and it turned out it was leaking at the weld.

This is my second and replacement convertor. The leak is from the bell-housing area, which I'm sure is out of the vent hole. It ONLY 'blows out" fluid during the FIRST cold start after the car is parked overnight. No leaks after it warms up no matter how many time one starts the car.

I'm hoping a deeper pan will trap the excess fluid and by running it low, it will take care of the issue until I address it later. My concern is having enough fluid to operate the tranny properly.

LG,
Mike

Back