• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

transmission and dome light harness?

dakotahotrodder

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have 2 quick questions. I am working on a 69 Road Runner, 383 4 spd car. Does the manual trans wiring harness go behind the engine & over the trans, or along the rail with the speedo cable? I also am trying to remember if the dome light wires go to the front and down the driver side pillar to the harness. Any help if appreciated. Thanks!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Yes the dome light wire go to the left then down the pillar. The trans wires are up higher on the bell housing from the firewall and should have two bendabl tabs to retain it to the side cover of the transmission.

Last edited:

dakotahotrodder

Reaction score
Perfect! Thank you! There is a ton of information on this site, very helpful. One more question that I just thought of. Do you know what light bulb fits the reverse warning light?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Two clips on the side cover above the reverse light switch and one on the bellhousing. Swiped these pics off of FBBO.

img_1189-jpg.jpg
img_1632-jpg.jpg

Back