• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trunk Light Installation

dhansen_69RR

Reaction score
Hey y'all :) I just purchased a trunk light for my 69 RR. I'm trying to figure out where exactly it mounts on the inside of the trunk. I can see where the switch mounts but not the light. I have also looked at the wiring that runs on the inside trunk that powers the tail lights but cannot see a connector piece. Would it up under the rear seat area? I haven't crawled to the back part of trunk yet but figured the wisdom is out in with you guys :) Pictures would be cool too!

Thanks!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
These should help. If your car did not have the light package Im not sure if the harness will have the plug for it. Let us know

roadrunner restoration 122.jpg

roadrunner restoration 138.jpg

roadrunner restoration 139.jpg

roadrunner restoration 140.jpg

Last edited:

dhansen_69RR

Reaction score
Great pics! I will check when I get home to see if I can get it wired up! The fender tag states that my car had the A01 light package. I would think it would have the wire adapter if that's the case but I could be wrong. I'll just crawl back in the trunk and dig around and see if I can feel any wires that were tucked away. I'll update later tonight when I find out.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
the plug should be there, i added trunk lights to a couple B Bodies and I remember just plugging the wire in to a factory connector.

dhansen_69RR

Reaction score
Did you have to dig down behind the back seat? I tried reaching back to feel for a wire connector but no luck. I was thinking about taking back seat out to see if maybe it feel down below.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I don't remember it being that far down. My car isn't here so I can't check. IIRC....follow the taillight wiring along the wheel house and the connecter should be around there.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That wire is separate from the rest of the harness for a ways so yes it maybe under the seat

dhansen_69RR

Reaction score
Okay so I followed the wire harness to the back seat and didn't see an adapter. I took the rear bottom seat out to look and also didn't see an adapter running along side the fender to the carpet. I talked to the guy that had the car before me and he told me that he purchased a new harness from year one years ago and installed it but didn't remember if it had the adapter. Does anyone know if the harness from year one didn't have the adapter? I did noticed that when I follow the harness there is a white plastic piece that comes out of the harness but not sure why. I will post picture of it shortly. I'm wondering if it was an option or something when he purchased it.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That wire is loose all the way to the driver kick panel see the black wire on the left it plugs into the door switch circuit for the dome light right there

roadrunner restoration 144.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yes....just to the right, on your trunk floor, is the remains of a retaining clip, the white piece slips over that.

Back