• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn Signal Swith

69RRJohn

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just joined after acquiring my first bird, a 69 numbers matching RR Hardtop. Some tweaking required of course.....any ideas on how to get to the turn signal switch (suspect just needs tightening) without removing the steering wheel? The switch lever is floppy and doesn't engage.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Welcome from Fla. The turn signal lever attaches with a screw. I replaced the lever and the switch when doing the steering column. Yes pull the steering wheel. Not that bad of job. Used a steering wheel puller. When putting it back make sure the large spline lines up with steering wheel. Good luck.

69RRJohn

Reaction score
Welcome from Fla. The turn signal lever attaches with a screw. I replaced the lever and the switch when doing the steering column. Yes pull the steering wheel. Not that bad of job. Used a steering wheel puller. When putting it back make sure the large spline lines up with steering wheel. Good luck.
Thanks, it's what I thought. I WAS able to remove the horn RR cap and the horn pad and with a small thin screwdriver, tighten the screw which secures the lever. It wasn't easy but did get it to tighten. Temporary band-aid until I source a wheel puller. Thanks again!

MoparDan

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just joined after acquiring my first bird, a 69 numbers matching RR Hardtop. Some tweaking required of course.....any ideas on how to get to the turn signal switch (suspect just needs tightening) without removing the steering wheel? The switch lever is floppy and doesn't engage.
Unfortunately the wheel has to come off

Back