• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Upgrades

Jason Adams

Reaction score
Just joined and am looking for some advise on suspension and brake upgrades for my 69 roadrunner, 4 speed car with drum brakes, would like manual 4 wheel discs and auto cross type suspension upgrade. Working with a limited budget, and any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Welcome here,

You can go with the wilwood Disc brake kit.
Can get the 6 pistons (like I did) or 4 pistons.
If you with 6 pistons just note that if you stay with 15" wheel it won't dit all 15" rims.

I bought steelies 15" 7" wide and 4,25" and had to add a spacer...

Then for suspension with a smaller budget you can go with the Qa1 tubular front end.

Or if you want to convert it to coil-over suspension you can either go with magnum force or RMS suspension.
This more expensive though

quikbird

Reaction score
none of what you want will be cheap. so you just do it in pieces. brake upgrades are common. several manufacturers are stainless steel brakes, master power, right stuff, etc. Imo I don't see a big advantage going through the junkyards looking for this year spindle, caliper etc. many of the new kits are designed to work together, have the correct master cylinder etc.
suspension; many of the new coilover kits work better at dragracing than autocross. Hotchkiss has one, as well as some others. qa1 was a good suggestion, uses existing torsion bar. several venders for 4 link etc on rear suspension.
69bird has very good point on wheel diameters and fitting brakes inside them.

dmartin

Reaction score
Welcome from the peach state with the wave save up and buy a little bit at a time and compare prices

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Welcome form Fla. Can't help ya their but will say putting six leaf spring's on rear should help stable up the rear. I got the 2 and half inch recurve so maybe I can get a little more meat on the rear. Good luck with the project. :thumbsup2:

Back