• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

V21 Hood Stripe Question

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey Guy's I thought that the black strip's on the hood indicated that the car was a 426 hemi or 440. Is that rite or did all runner's have the hood with black strip's. Yall know that I am doing a restore so what do you think. thanks Russ69runner

captcolour

Reaction score
I believe for a '69, code V21 Hood Performance Treatment defines whether there is the black stripes or not.

djais1801

Reaction score
x2 the V21 performance hood graphics. was an option regardless of engine choice. I put mine on through a local sign company that does vinyl wraps. came out great and a fraction of what it would cost to paint the : cowl, 1/2 fenders, hood.

Don99Pablo

Reaction score
I concur with Ranger, more accurate titles would go a long way.

I prefer the stripes. I think if you like them go with them. If your car is a V21 optioned car then even better, but if it is not, and you like the stripes, then go for it!

ArmyInspector

Reaction score
I cannot find anything that states which car get the stripes or not. Big John would know, I believe all 69 Roadrunners had hood strips but I could be wrong. I attached the hood stripe specifications.

hoodstripes.jpg

hoodstripes.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hello Ranger. What is a more descriptive title. Would that be black stripe's on a non hemi car. I don't under stand.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey Djais1801 I saw your car pick's and the stripe's look grate thanks for the advice. I am going to repaint the hole car. So much restoration to do that I will probably strip the hole car in and out. Plus want to change the color. Really want to change blue from red. I don't have finder tag to find out what color the car was but under the red we have found yellow. They say the police don't like red or yellow. Well got to run thanks for the info your a grate help.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thank you sir all the help would be appreciated from all of you Guy's. I don't have a finder tag so I am lost what all the car came with. It got lost when the previous owner was restoring it. It was striped of a lot of thing's. Well Got to go so all help make's it easer for me See Ya.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The hood stripes were an option of a touch over $18. and change. The guy that ordered my hemi car new didn't opt for them. :yesnod:

RR at Randy's & Costso, Valiant 031.jpg

Last edited:

Don99Pablo

Reaction score
Russ, a good title would be, "Question about hood stripes"

As for the V21 code, that would have been on the fender tag. Or you could see the option on the build sheet. If you don't have either, feel free to make the car what you want. Who cares if it came with them originally.

captcolour

Reaction score
Yes, V21 on the fender tag or build sheet. My stripes were included in the A14 special road runner spring package for $317. Included the vinyl roof, road wheels, belt moulding, the performance hood paint, sport stripe, sure grip differential, and the F70x14 tires.

Ranger

Reaction score
Hello Ranger. What is a more descriptive title. Would that be black stripe's on a non hemi car. I don't under stand.
ALL of your threads have the same title. The tile should give the reader an idea of what the thread is about so he knows whether or not he in interested in opening it. A simple "Hood Stripes" would be a good title for this thread.

As mentioned, they where simply an option and did not identify any motor.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I edited the thread title on this one for you Russ. As mentioned several times in this thread, the group would like to have a more clear understanding of what the intended subject matter is to be...before the group goes completely off-topic as is standard practice around here... :lol:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
So why do we need a topic? I think Russ is on to something :lol:

Having the appropriate title would be that reminder of what the original title was once we get off topic and someone wanted to get back on topic. For whatever reason that they would want to do that" :groucho:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Yep, stripes were optional... except you couldn't get the stripes on a 440 engine 1969 Roadrunner.

OK, do you know why?

Back