• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vin codes

bobbyb

Reaction score
Any vin code experts out there? I've got some codes off my 69 RR and I am wondering why are there so many color codes on the tag? Here's the second row: B5 B5 H2B B7. I know what colors B5 and B7 are, and the H2B is a blue. Also on the first row there is V1X which is the black vinyl top. So why so many blue codes? I figure the blue for the body and blue for the interior, but what are rest for? Thanks for any help.

Jim S.

Reaction score
bobbyb said:
Any vin code experts out there? I've got some codes off my 69 RR and I am wondering why are there so many color codes on the tag? Here's the second row: B5 B5 H2B B7. I know what colors B5 and B7 are, and the H2B is a blue. Also on the first row there is V1X which is the black vinyl top. So why so many blue codes? I figure the blue for the body and blue for the interior, but what are rest for? Thanks for any help.
Absolutely no expert but, my car is the same. B5 B5 is exterior paint. H2B is the interior/color scheme. B7 is interior upper door paint.
http://www.yearone.com/yodnn/tech/Vehic ... fault.aspx

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Look in the Reference section under the numbers game - decoding as there is alot of info there about those codes

V269

Reaction score
I believe B5 B5 means lower body and upper body color meaning the car is all the same exterior color.

6T9Hemi

Reaction score
B5 B5 H2B B7
B5 B5 is body color and roof color, H2B is High grade blue bench seat, and B7 is the upper and lower painted door color on the inside. :cheers:

Back