• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Washer motor circuit

Big Mo

Reaction score
I still have my dash on a stand where it is easy to access the wires. I have question on the circuit from the washer motor to the wiper motor. Help me out here I have the wire diagram I am looking at and the circuit that goes from the wash. motor to wiper motor. If I am thinking correctly when you push washer switch it should also energize the wiper motor. I do not have the engine wire harness installed at this time. In the wire diagram it shows a wire connecting the two circuits. However I am not getting power to the wiper motor. Anyone have any suggestions, Thanks Big Mo.

Ranger

Reaction score
Not sure what you are working on Mo, but on my '69 Road Runner, key on, with the wipers in the park position, the washer button does not energize the wiper motor. In fact, the pump does not energize either with the wipers in the park position.

Last edited:

Big Mo

Reaction score
Not sure what you are working on Mo, but on my '69 Road Runner, key on, with the wipers in the park position, the washer button does not energize the wiper motor. In fact, the pump does not energize either with the wipers in the park position.
Hi Ranger, I was thinking that when I pushed the button the wipers would make 3-4 passes. I am working on a 68 and you are most likely correct that I need to turn the wipers on first. I need to look at that a little closer. Thanks I will get back on this. Big Mo.
Two different circuits
How are you 69hemibeep? As I said after looking at wire diagrams for 3-4 hours I guess what I should have done was go get a beer and forget about wires for a while. I did get away but no beer. I do agree with you although there is 2 wires on the washer switch. One goes to the pump and one to the wiper motor. In the diagram that is where I can't see the connection. Don't know why there is a wire to the wiper . This is what makes these cars so much fun. Thanks from Big Mo.

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
My 68 is the same,, you have to turn the wipers on, the washer button doesn't turn the wipers on

1968 man

Reaction score
You have to turn the wipers on also on my 68 could the second wire that goes to the wiper motor be a ground? since the wiper motor has a very good ground. Not sure.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Gee Big Mo. These older car's where cave man style. Think I am spoiled when hitting my washer button in my truck the wiper's run for a while and shut down. May be the washer pulls the pump motor of the wiper motor circuit. With you asking question's I am also learning. Wait till I get to the wiring part and will be looking for advice also. Good luck. :kartman: Now to run to the store and get a six pack and it will fall in place!!!!!!!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yep you got it ranger. No high tech stuff here. Simple is better. But a cut above the model A and T's. The CDI ignition was the new up and coming advancement of it's time. Now we have computer controlled every thing. That you cant work on if something goes haywire.

Big Mo

Reaction score
:lol: You've got your head in the 21st century and your hands on a mid 20th century car.
My wife says it should be easy for me to go back to the 20th century. She says I am old school. Thanks Ranger from u bud Big Mo.

Back