• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND Weiand P3690982 440(RB) 6bbl intake manifold

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioMedTechGuy

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the Weiand P3690982
6bbl intake I am interested in:
index.jpg
There are 2 on Ebay now, but $1,600 is just WAY too much for me to spend, and the ones on there are not selling.
I really like the look and performance of the Edelbrock/Chrysler aluminum 6bbl intake on my V-code Roadrunner, and I know for a fact that they have topped off and handled the air fuel delivery job on some 6XX HP and Torque RB stroker engines, which is my goal in the future. I also have Promax parts installed in all 3.
I dream about doing this if I can one day, and I can't wait to hear from the For A-Bodies Only guy who actually put this on a stroker motor. F&B set up the Weiand 6bbl intake with 3x2 throttle bodies and Direct Port Injection! It flows around 1,800 CFM!
Screenshot_20190621-135157_Chrome.jpg
By using this intake with EFI, it addresses one of the inherent problems with the intake-fuel droplets coming out of suspension and puddling on the intake base, and running down the runners, fouling plugs and causing idling problems. By only flowing AIR through the "low profile tunnel ram" intake ports and injecting fuel at the valve end, well WOW! is all that's left!
Anyway, if anyone has a line on one, please let me know. I would consider any of these Weiand 6bbl intake manifolds that are available for $1k or less.
Help me make a dream come true!
Thanks!

BioMedTechGuy

Reaction score
Here are the pictures of the above mentioned Weiand 6bbl intake.
I'll say it sure was worth the wait and trouble, and I got a fair price on it too.
The radiused intake runners are very nicely done, and the intake overall looks very nice.
20200130_160341.jpg 20200130_160546.jpg 20200130_155925.jpg 20200130_160608.jpg 20200130_160507.jpg
I also found a connection for the GASKET that goes between the top and the base!
:bananadance:
That is going to be helpful when I'm first working out what intake mods serve me the best.
Wherever possible, I'll make them reversible, for now. Once I have it maximized to work with my upcoming (although it may take quite some time because of cost) stroker motor, I'm still not going to make them "permanent" because I would like to run it with the F&B direct port injection 3x2 throttle body setup, and the dams and other Chrysler Performance manual mods may be counterproductive. I'll have to talk with Bruce at F&B and see. Also, I'm likely to run Max Wedge TF270s, so the intake runners and ports will be opened up.
FIRST, I have to see how it fits under the hood!
:BangHead:
:kartman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back