• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Went to a car show (only 3 mopars)

HD539

Reaction score
The wife and I attended a car show about 2 hours away from where we live. I was really surprised that only 3 mopars (~150 cars) were present. I had entered my roadrunner (the only one there) and there was also a very clean 69 Barracuda and a sweet 50s dodge truck.

It seems we're seeing fewer and fewer Mopars at the car shows (at least in Eastern Washington). Kind of disappointing. Saw tons of 56/57 Chevys, mustangs, Cobra replica's and lots of Camaros and Corvettes (both old and new).

No real point to this post, I'm just a big Mopar fan and love to see them.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That sound's sad. Not even a charger or swinger or dart. What is the world coming to. You can see a Chevy any time or a ford. Well you have a fine looking runner so hold you head up high brother Mopar lover. :thumbsup2:

HD539

Reaction score
Thanks Russ, no offense meant to non mopars owners but you gotta have roadrunners, GTX's, cudas, Chargers, superbees and so on if you want to see what muscle cars of the 60s and 70s were all about.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Went to a cruise-in one Saturday evening not too terribly long ago. Billed as a "Mopar Event" at local burger joint. Drove the wife's Swinger with a stroker SBM and was expecting to see the aforementioned gathering of GTX's, Cudas, Chargers, Super Bees, and other assorted vintage MoPar Muscle. Nothing but a bunch of damned Fiat Challengers and 4-door Chargers. Hell, I'd rather look at the shoebox Chevies and the Cobra kit cars than those FCA MoPar-wannabes... :soapbox:

MrJLR

Built - not bought
Reaction score
My local car show (Chino, Southern California) has around 500 cars every year. ....3 to 4 Mopars is about normal.
But I'm always there with my Cuda!

downloadfile.jpg

Jeff

dmartin

Reaction score
Well if there were a lot of Fords and Chevys there had to be some swingers there! :lol:

RonLiv

Reaction score
Mopar only show Sunday in Doylestown PA. The weather looks to be sunny all day for a change. I'm planning on it.

djais1801

Reaction score
was this last weekend at Fred Bean? My friend was there w his white Dart GTS...I was gonna go but family obligations...heard it was a great turnout! I usually run around w/a few because there's never enough at local shows...the white demon is/was mine...new owner picking it up Thursday (as long as he brings the loot)!

RonLiv

Reaction score
was this last weekend at Fred Bean? My friend was there w his white Dart GTS...I was gonna go but family obligations...heard it was a great turnout! I usually run around w/a few because there's never enough at local shows...the white demon is/was mine...new owner picking it up Thursday (as long as he brings the loot)!

Yes, that was the show. They were expecting 50 maybe 60 cars? The got over 100 there. After the spaces filled up, they were parking them two abreast down the isles. I think the weather had something to do with it. It was a great day, sunny and not very hot. So many really nice cars.

RonLiv

Reaction score
Well if there were a lot of Fords and Chevys there had to be some swingers there! :lol:
Well there was this one dude who kept driving back and forth stepping on the gas so we all could here him in a 55/shoebox. Then the General Manager of the dealership shows up in a Silver Trans Am with the chicken.

Back