• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are these studs for

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Valve cover stud.JPG Valve cover stud.JPG Exhaust Stud.JPG Exhaust Stud.JPG There were studs on my valve covers at front and rear bottom, did something attach there, also had a question about exhaust manifold nuts, I noticed they are threaded in the inside, was there a heat shield here? What attached

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is what I was going to say probably so you can bolt on the heat shield. Now we will find out someone surely wiil tell us. Russ. :beep:

droptop

Reaction score
The studs on the valve cover is to aid in installation. There are 2 different lengths of the exhaust shoulder bolts. IIRC there are 2 short ones for the passenger side that don't have the center hole and threads, and one long one for the driver side with center hole and threads to attach a heat stove.

SgtLee511

Reaction score
The studs on the valve cover is to aid in installation. There are 2 different lengths of the exhaust shoulder bolts. IIRC there are 2 short ones for the passenger side that don't have the center hole and threads, and one long one for the driver side with center hole and threads to attach a heat stove.
Thanks just making sure I haven't missed something,
I don't think I've ever seen nuts that weren't threaded on the inside. :)
YOU GOTTA ME THEREEEEEEEEE:rolleyes:

Back