• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What brand paint, single or 2 stage

dbc105

Reaction score
What paint is everyone having best luck with? Someone at some time before I got it had painted my QQ1 car white and I plan to put it back. I have to remove the fenders in order to get the door jambs back due to over spray so I am looking to go ahead and get a customer number setup at a paint store to get a quart for these areas first.

A couple other things, there is white down inside the cowl vent, what have you all done to fix that? And I would like to repaint the interior, it is still blue but the doors are gloss and the dash is more flat or satin, can I just put a little flattener in what I use on the dash to get that or is there a better way?

Thanks
DC

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
TPCglobal sell's the lacquer dash paint. As far as the car goes I used matrix two stage paint they are not cheap but wanted a quality paint. Some use shop line. I used Hot rod black that is an acrylic base paint for my interior. Every thing was epoxy painted then put my other colors on top of that. This seals up the metal good. As you see my picture of the car in my avatar. Hope this help's Russ.

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
I recently changed from Sherwin Williams to PPG.
Only because SW does not mix the HIP color I wanted anymore in a single stage.
And I had two cars to paint.
Plus the branch PPG store is more convenient to me than the SW automotive store.
(I called the main PPG and it seems they can mix just about anything in single stage acrylic enamel as well. Like the old days.)

So that would be the PPG Omni line of single stage acrylic urethane.
It's paint.
It goes on and it works.
That's all I know.:thumbsup2:

dbc105

Reaction score
Thanks guys, that helps. I'm thinking single stage on the jambs and such and maybe 2 stage on the body when I get to that point. I think the closed supply store to me has PPG.

I'll also check out the TPCGlobal for the dash paint. that would be easier than trying to flatten out a gloss paint to match.

Back