• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What could this be?

woodwiz

Reaction score
This hood insulation pad is or was brand new and it looks like it was wet and mold,kinda has a dusty sort of color. I live in the desert,so I can rule out mossy/mold. I had to have a new carb put on at the shop. Could it have been a carb belch when tuning and sprayed with a fire extinguisher??
Very strange!!!

woodwiz

Reaction score
I just put it in and the car has’nt been driven 50 miles all in Arizona. Came back from my shop and I noticed it. They don’t know anything!!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
My air filter rub's that area. It is strange for sure. What dose the hole top of the breather look like. What was the shop doing to the car. If they had the breather off and it back fired and flamed up through the carb that might have done it. But the hood would have been down further or closed more to have that. Sorry drawing at straw's.

woodwiz

Reaction score
Top of the aircleaner is spotless. I think might have been a carb backfire,they put a new Holley on so that might be the culprit. No big deal,just order up a new one…thanks for the opinions!

Back