• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the best fuel pump for a six pack? I think the 4845 is too much psi...

Rocket

Reaction score
Sent my carbs to Promax and just got them back yesterday. They worked on them and put them on a dyne motor, said they ran great. I get them and they are pushing fuel through the overflow. It HAS to be that my Carter Muscle Car 4845 has too much pressure.
The car will try to start but won't run for over a second or two. I'm getting spark and it started before I installed the Carter Fuel Pump a few months ago.

Question: Will too much fuel pressure cause the above symptoms? If so what is the best fuel pump for a six pack?

Rocket

Reaction score
I should change this thread title to: Bob Karakashian - Coolest cat on the planet. He walked me through getting my distributor set up etc. Great guy! The overflow was because the floats were stuck on the jet plate, I put my screw driver thru the float adjustment hole and unstuckified it and it runs like a champ!

4spd69RR

Reaction score
It appears you figure out what was causing you problem. Was going to ask what your fuel pressure is and whether you are using mech. or elect. pump?

Rocket

Reaction score
It's a mechanical Carter "Muscle Car" 4845

Rocket

Reaction score
It starts up on the first crank now. I can't wait to get this out on the street. Driveshaft is a little short so I have been waiting to see if I am getting a new center section for my 8 ¾ or a dana. 1st world problems.

CompSyn

Reaction score
I should change this thread title to: Bob Karakashian - Coolest cat on the planet. He walked me through getting my distributor set up etc. Great guy! The overflow was because the floats were stuck on the jet plate, I put my screw driver thru the float adjustment hole and unstuckified it and it runs like a champ!

Are you going to send your distributor to Bob's friend for re-curve?

Back