• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this setup?

Mike D

Reaction score
This is the Rearend set up that came with the car. Coil springs and air shocks. I’m assuming 8 3/4. I’m still going through all of the paperwork and receipts figuring everything out. What is this rear end setup called? I can’t lower as much as I’d like without letting the air out of the shocks. So just running minimum. Any thoughts or suggestions to getting the rear end lower?

42765B0B-BA50-423D-96DE-B056FFB5C03F.jpeg

51AF5F93-CAC8-47ED-A42D-D96615840123.jpeg

B528D52B-B6B0-45A7-BF83-539167D53BB9.jpeg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
What do you mean by lower? Do you want the body to raise up or want a low rider look? Looks like someone added the coil spring's that is not stock I don't think for it to have those.

Mike D

Reaction score
Lower the rear body 2 inches or so. To get the stance I want I have to raise the front end higher than I want it. So lowering the rear 2 inches should be just about right.

quikbird

Reaction score
All kind of cobbling on this setup. Air shocks, traction bars, coil spring, leaf springs. Where to start?
What is purpose for you of this car, race, cruise, both?
first check the cross bar at the top of the shocks. If still stock, get rid of air shocks. matter of time before they punch thru trunk floor. The bracket are not designed to carry the weight of the car.
Coil springs are not needed in this car.
slapper bars not needed on this car either. They don’t look like have the rubber bump stop at the front end of them either.
if after remove all of the extra stuff you don’t like the ride height, either get newer springs at height you want or have ones you have re-arched
ps. Get good set of gas shocks, kyb etc

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Everything they did made traction terrible. Take the coil springs off, remove the slapper bars and look at the ride height, it should be pretty much flat. Mopar springs along with the pinion snubber is all you need for traction. I know everone likes the back of the car up some but it negates the pinion snubber from doing its job. It also throws the body weight forward for less traction. Oh like Quikbird said loose the air shocks.

Back