• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wings and Wheels...

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I always liked the P51 Mustang. I know I will catch hell for saying Mustang but it was one hell of a plane. Had Many models back in the day plane's and cars. When I was a Kid. I don't know what happened to them. When I left to serve my country and then came home they where all gone. Hope one day to get to ride in one. Just one of my bucket list. Russ.

CombatMedic80

Reaction score
I always liked the P51 Mustang. I know I will catch hell for saying Mustang but it was one hell of a plane. Had Many models back in the day plane's and cars. When I was a Kid. I don't know what happened to them. When I left to serve my country and then came home they where all gone. Hope one day to get to ride in one. Just one of my bucket list. Russ.
This is a P40 Warhawk... the ones with the Tiger mouth painted on them. BUT... through the Collings Foundation, you can fly a P51 mustang! They have the ONLY P51 Mustang in the world... and you get to go up with the pilot, and take over the sticks! It’s $2,500.00 but it’s your only chance to ever do it. I took my dad on the B-17G for a flight and it was mind boggling AMAZING

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Collings has the only DUAL CONTROL Mustang. There are several hundred Mustangs, with many flyable.
Rusty....The Black Sheep flew F4U Corsairs
vought-f4u-corsair-jolly-roger-no-8-cool-gus-mccrea.jpg

img.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
figured that too....but there are those amongst us that take a little misinfo and run with it.
And just because it's you Blue Boy......

0601004_7.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
figured that too....but there are those amongst us that take a little misinfo and run with it.
And just because it's you Blue Boy......

View attachment 28680
I also had a model of this plane. It was one of the most maneuverable planes ever built. Yes your on spot with the black sheep being a corsair. Air craft. As time has gone on have forgotten some of my plane history. Think I would enjoy taking a ride in any of those old war planes. :thumbsup2:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
This is a P40 Warhawk... the ones with the Tiger mouth painted on them. BUT... through the Collings Foundation, you can fly a P51 mustang! They have the ONLY P51 Mustang in the world... and you get to go up with the pilot, and take over the sticks! It’s $2,500.00 but it’s your only chance to ever do it. I took my dad on the B-17G for a flight and it was mind boggling AMAZING
Bet that was a thrill of your life. Well this is a bucket list and hope to get to fill that spot one day. As you know that kind of money buy's a lot of runner parts. You now can put that on you done list. Russ.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Collings has the only DUAL CONTROL Mustang. There are several hundred Mustangs, with many flyable.
Rusty....The Black Sheep flew F4U Corsairs
View attachment 28678

View attachment 28679
Those guy's had some big ball's and we don't appreciate what so many did to keep us free. That is in all wars and police actions our country has entered into. From Air-to Sea and all the Ground troops that worked together in the time of crisis. That is why we all must keep in our harts and minds and teach our children of the sacrifice brave men and women have given to keep this country free. I shed a tear when I see how this county is being torn apart and the American values are being flushed down the toilet. :usflag:

Back