• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Winter Blues

Palmer Moe-par 68

Reaction score
Winter in Seattle and bare metal don't really like each other so, since the heavy rain season is here, I have put away the body of the ca for this year until it gets nice again. It has been completely primed and sealed up and stored in a make shift garage. I took old boards from our house projects and made a level, dry, floor for the car to rest on. Then I took a harbor freight car canopy (10ft. x 20ft.), and bolted it down to the floor. That way, when there are hard winds, which can come in at 50mph sometimes where the tent is, the shelter won't blow away. I had to wall of three of the sides with tarps to prevent rain from getting blown in and to make it even harder for it to have a failure.
Wf13UBkkL5xYyIeVyRrBsZuRM1ywsHTL8Ul5ro_GykCJY5GKgxWv-IpRHK3B7F46odGsB994FZ8Pw7Wy_e=w1045-h785-no.jpg
BgFnBPM0HOUOpbCFaI9DasCYNwUrEtedkFStB95yY3S_Eza_iE9rNYOMes4vhHw0X9ligXR6HCvh9mas6B=w1045-h785-no.jpg
All the parts get stored in a shed and a smaller harbor freight tent to help keep them preserved as well.

Unfortunately, the winter is a time when little can be done on the Roadrunner, because of the weather, school, and sports, but whenever I do have time, the interior will be the next thing to work on preparing, since after the body is finished, that would be one of the next things to go in, besides suspension. I have finally got my seat situation fixed. I was able to find a mint rear seat that can just be cleaned up and reupholstered With the original Silver and Black Deluxe, which I have decided to just buy instead of trying to custom make it.
EJCcGJBQhlSFW5cld2ph50CAvKPWnKWFOv1PpoO5bICR7-8sB4EuPwRjPufsjG9cjOKfuWRU32X_f00v5e=w1045-h785-no.jpg

The front bench seat I got is going to need some spring repair and stiffening, but that is also just needing a reupholstering.
-xcJrkYJMLeXhnxiFGtVcphdXG2faObROkTzJhNJS3XiGWqYDKf0c0-QBu_gQjtseuSYL9uzeKTDibXeUD0=w588-h784-no.jpg kEVith9EavVyBnsBU8E4sJkaWBt8Buj8iSiAc2Jr2vZ_zJr8Ez3b1pjqcDyKtTsQuMvsg-mBmlyFxV-7Z0m=w588-h784-no.jpg
The dash is going to take a lot of time and money to get to nice shape, but it will be need to be done soon, because that needs to go in before the windshield. My headliner will be tough to work out, since my car was a Silver and Black interior, and the headliner was silver. There is no silver headliner on the market that had the perforated patterns in it that I could find. I have found some unperforated silver headliner, which I have to speckle with some silver paint to give it the correct metallic look of the original. I believe I can get it perforated with the correct "snake bite" pattern. If there is anyone who knows where to get the correct headliner, please let me know.
XD9fO2VrjS3RIvx5nt7x5n2u4rsXl0aXJ2xKdixKGVOiY2BmN9oyRH0c3sZwUFJRHkfJRFV0rz2MPUBLT_=w1045-h785-no.jpg

-Mr. Moe-par

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes it is important to keep the car dry while in the phase you into now. Think from one buddy to another I would concentrate on the shell and get it done and painted. Their is a lot more body filler to do too these cars than I expected. But if you want the car straight that is what you have to do. Look's good buddy. Keep up the good work thanks for the pic's. Russ. :thumbsup:

Back