• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise

John69RR

Reaction score
A friend and I drove our cars up to Detroit back in '02 and had a blast. Since Vegas is out this year that same friend has started talking about this cruise. I have been to the Nats when it was held in Indy and enjoyed it. This cruise though is awesome. People do not believe you when you tell them that you can see several THOUSAND cars in one place. The cruise itself is actually one day, but the days leading up to it are great. Has anyone else been or have plans to go?

droptop

Reaction score
We have Woodward penciled in this year. The only down side is that it is the weekend following the Nats. Hard for us to do 2 weekends away back to back.

John69RR

Reaction score
droptop said:
We have Woodward penciled in this year. The only down side is that it is the weekend following the Nats. Hard for us to do 2 weekends away back to back.
Same here, can't do both. The cruise week-end fits my rotating schedule better for vacation time.

meepbeep69

Reaction score
It is a blast. I was there this year and had the top down in another toy. I came out like a lobster.

Here are the 2009 figures.....

"Don Tanner, executive director of the Dream Cruise, adding that this year seemed to be exceptional.

Tanner said after speaking with people and experiencing Saturday’s big events himself, he estimates there were at least 1.5 to 1.6 million people for this year's cruise."

Thursday and Friday are when the older muscle rolls. The stop and go traffic was tough on the big blocks. Plus it was hotter than heck on Saturday.

After a few hours of cruising I came away wondering why my car never came with an automatic. My left leg was killing me.

In short, experience it if you can.

meepbeep69

Reaction score
All I can remember is looking over at the blower and thinking if it can keep traction that would be one heck of a quick ride.

He had the front door open because it was so hot that day. :devil:

Back