• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Working on K member

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Upon removal of the upper ball joint had a thick washer between the ball joint and the upper control arm. Was that a spacer or a washer under the nut. In a hurry to get thing's sand blasted because it is getting hot down here and wearing all the stuff to do the sand blasting is really hot. :(

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
By the way QA1 makes an excellent K-member (tubular) and will permit a lot of extra space for access and header clearance

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Just put the QA 1 strut's on and what a job. No where to hold it to tighten the back nut. Had to hold the tub and jamb nut with two wrench's then tighten the rear nut to speck's. Did not really like the set up. But their in and must say they are adjustable. Want to drive it to see if the handling is better.

jww69rrpost

Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya... I wanted to maintain the overall look of the underside, like the really cool torsion bars, but did a bunch of modifications to assist with handling. Changed the upper and lower front control arms to tubular and added a bunch of tubular/adjustable supports and anti-sway components front and rear, and also subframe connectors. The car handles like a sports car with no leaning whatsoever in tight turns and launches with only the rear raising slightly (the front stays absolutely level). I also changed the steering box to a tight turn radius Borgeson setup so it feels like driving a large go-cart!!! I think back to my original 69 Road Runner, that I bought new, and that thing handled like a two-ton dump truck. it was ok in a straight line and did very well at the drags, but cornering was terrible and braking was not too good either. But then again, we were all so much younger and at the time we thought these cars were just so darn cool to look at and drive, and we didn't really ever think about just how difficult they were to handle. All the cars handled about the same.

Big Mo

Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya... I wanted to maintain the overall look of the underside, like the really cool torsion bars, but did a bunch of modifications to assist with handling. Changed the upper and lower front control arms to tubular and added a bunch of tubular/adjustable supports and anti-sway components front and rear, and also subframe connectors. The car handles like a sports car with no leaning whatsoever in tight turns and launches with only the rear raising slightly (the front stays absolutely level). I also changed the steering box to a tight turn radius Borgeson setup so it feels like driving a large go-cart!!! I think back to my original 69 Road Runner, that I bought new, and that thing handled like a two-ton dump truck. it was ok in a straight line and did very well at the drags, but cornering was terrible and braking was not too good either. But then again, we were all so much younger and at the time we thought these cars were just so darn cool to look at and drive, and we didn't really ever think about just how difficult they were to handle. All the cars handled about the same.
Hi Big Mo here, I rebuilt my suspension on my 68. I still have not put it in as of yet but I strengthen the lower control arms, rebuilt my front sway bar bushings and bought upper tubular arms. I hope my car will handle as you described. Big Mo.

BioMedTechGuy

Reaction score
I have a complete QA-1 front suspension system with the K-member ready to go on my 70 V-code Roadrunner. The only part that isn't QA-1 is the UCAs, which are by SPC. Much more adjustable, and that was an area that I have been told my car needed help with. No lack of adjustability with these...Screenshot_20191103-212458_Chrome.jpg

Back